BLACK LIVES MATTER
So here we are. It’s early July 2020 and the year didn’t start off well, with the whole Covid-19 situation and this police brutality and aggression towards people that have a different skin color, but we can change how the year ends.
George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery should be alive today, alongside countless other Black lives. As the cries for justice and protests against systemic racism and police brutality continue on around the world, we will not stay silent. We will not stop fighting for a world where differences are celebrated. Not just today, but every day.
LIST OF RESOURCES
DONATE & SUPPORT
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- So You Want to Talk about Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America by Michael Eric Dyson
- How To Be An Antiracist by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
- 13th by Ava DuVernay
- Freedom Is a Constant Struggle by Angela Y. Davis
- From Slavery to Prisons: A Historical Delineation of the Criminalization of African Americans by Deborah Burris-Kitchen and Paul Burris (free ebook)
- The Clapback: Your Guide to Calling out Racist Stereotypes by Elijah Lawal
- Know Your Rights When Protesting from ACLU